Full-Time or One-Year Contract Position
Location: Burlington, Ontario
ABELSoft Inc. is a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of medical and dental clinical & practice management software. Our team is acutely focused on continually upgrading and refining our products and services to ensure customer happiness, optimal usability and market leadership.
The DevOps Engineer we currently seek is someone with a big-picture perspective that encompasses software development, infrastructure and operations. A subject matter expert in best practices and an established specialist with MS Azure. A champion of DevOps automation and CI/CD who can bring leadership to development project teams.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Create and implement innovative, high-quality automation solutions
- Build and streamline deployments in MS Azure li>
- Build and implement CI/CD environments
- Initiate and participate in development projects, either migrating existing applications towards the cloud or creating new applications from the ground up with the cloud in mind
What does it take to join our team?
This is a role that will challenge more than your technical skills! It will test your ability to work with agile development and IT teams to provide solutions. It will push you to keep up to date with fast-changing technology, especially relating to cloud, to share your knowledge and to champion your vision. You require:
- Relevant expertise usually acquired through 5+ years of hands-on software development and DevOps experience, ideally in a product-centric business
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain code repositories with Git
- Proven ability to build and streamline deployments in MS Azure
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft platform and key technologies like C# & .NET
- Advanced proficiency with SQL
- A background in systems admin with up-to-date knowledge of deployment, networking and (cloud) infrastructure; experience with PowerShell, Puppet or Chef
- University degree in computer science, IT or closely related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM techniques and Microsoft certification would be great
Do you thrive on challenge and enjoy collaborating in a dynamic team-based environment? Are you a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results? Are you well organized and attentive to detail? If so, and you meet the stated qualifications, please send us your confidential resume. If applying for the contract position, please provide your cost estimate for this one-year assignment.
3310 South Service Road
Burlington, ON L7N 3M6
Diversity and equality are the foundation of all of our employment practices.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.