Full-Time or One-Year Contract Position
Location: Burlington, Ontario
ABELSoft Inc. is a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of medical and dental clinical and practice management software. Our team of Data Conversion experts play a vital role in making sure that new customers experience a pleasant and effortless welcome into the ABELSoft user community.
We currently seek an ETL/Database Developer to help establish a data conversion process from 3rd party databases to ABELSoft’s databases.Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Lead conceptual and physical design, development and implementation of ETL frameworks that are well aligned to long-term strategic goals for data architecture
- End-to-end development of data-driven solutions: analysis, architecture, design, development, deployments, and maintenance
- Rigorously build and test components of ETL solution
- Develop DB tables, indexes, classic DB patterns, in both physical and cloud environments
- Perform systems administration: monitor, configure, back-up, authenticate, tune
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews
- Provide support to the Customer Success team for any data-related issues
This is a role that will challenge more than your software development skills! It will put your strong investigative and analysis talents to the test as you explore competitive code and file structures, decipher encryptions and extract important data.
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining ETL tools and platforms such as SSIS
- 3-5 plus years of experience working with MS SQL Server, MySQL
- 5+ years of experience in software development with proven expertise in database design, including normalization and indexing
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in SQL, T-SQL, SSIS
- Object oriented design, programming techniques, software design and internal technologies
- Knowledge of database server security, backup/recovery procedures
- Experience collaborating in an Agile Delivery Model
- The ability to work amicably with non-technical users of software to determine how data elements in a database are reflected on screen
- An aptitude for analysis and problem solving, including understanding requirements, verifying expectations and written documentation
- Familiarity with cloud platforms
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in an IT-related field
Do you thrive on challenge and enjoy collaborating in a dynamic team-based environment? Are you a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results? Are you well organized and attentive to details? If so, and you meet the stated qualifications; please send your confidential resume. If applying for the contract position, please provide your cost estimate for this one-year assignment.
Doug Trembley, Conversion Manager
3310 South Service Road
Burlington, ON L7N 3M6
Diversity and equality are the foundation of all of our employment practices.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.